Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our House

When we moved, we REALLY missed our old house in Kingwood. There are so many things it has that the new house does not (great landscaping and builder extras). However, the new house has a few things that we didn't have before. We have a much bigger lot (1 1/3 acres) which is super private, a pretty cool playhouse for Matt when he is bigger, and more rooms, which is great for when our families come see us. Anyway, I've taken a few neat pics of the new place that I thought I'd share (and I'm thinking of Celie as I write/post this).
Things we are planning on doing with this house:
  • Take out the sucker trees in the back (almost done!)
  • Landscape the back and add flowers
  • Possibly add gutters (houses in Mississipp RARELY have these I have found)
  • Add sod in the lower front of the property

3 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful! I love that you have some privacy on so much land. I can't wait to buy a home of our own... once we set some roots somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley! It's really hard being away from "home" and roots--something I know you know something about! I guess that's something you build over time =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful house. It looks alot differenet than the "flat lands" of Odem :)
    I started blogging too, it's kind of here or there. check it out oh and I'll add you as a link. thewintersfamilyof4.blogspot.com
    Darla

    ReplyDelete