Sunday, January 23, 2011

Post baby weight

So today I finally went to a gym for the first time in I think about a year. A YEAR. Don't get me wrong...I've been walking (some) with the kid when the weather has permitted, and actually lost ten pounds walking daily back in the fall, but I haven't done any serious cardio since early in my pregnancy with Matthew (and I gave that up for lounging on the couch, exhausted and nauseous).  But back to that ten pounds. Great, right? Well, in the big picture, it's not all that much.  I gained a WHOPPING 50 pounds with Matthew, and I can't seem to shake the last 5-7 that feel (and look) more like 15.
But, as fellow blogger has mentioned, there is an ever-present feeling of guilt any time I do something that does not involve baby care. I am coming to the realization, though, that I have to have time for myself, and for Ross, so I enrolled in a 14 day trial at a gym that is literally a stone's throw away from Matthew's daycare. I'm going to go every day for the next two weeks to see if it is worth the totally ridiculous amount of money they are asking (no, really, it's ridiculous). I figure if I lose some weight in that time, I can convince Ross that it is worth the extra cost. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment